Monday, October 12, 2009

Roadtesting - Minature World Maker 28mm Trench

Miniature World Maker (MWM) is a company based in South Australia that produces ready made & straight onto the table terrain. MWM produce terrain in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm and 40mm scales. You can buy anything from haystacks to bombed out factories. The terrain is made with flexible rubber, it comes pre-painted (to a high standard) and it's flocked. I have purchased many items from MWM and as soon as I read on The Miniatures Page they had released a 28mm trench system the credit card got smashed. (Don't tell the wife)

This is what I got :


Front view with a Great War Miniatures WWI Brit for scale. Great War Miniatures are approx 32mm from foot to the top of the helmet.

Side view along the trench. Note the interior detail.

Overhead view. Note the shell holes.


The flex test. How strong is this stuff if you can bend it like this you ask?



I loaded up the trench with three solid house bricks to find out. Total crushing weight 7.5kgs. The trench is still rigid and has not buckled. Now that's tough!
The 28mm trench comes in straight lengths (as above) which is 200mm (8 inches) long, and the interior is 40mm wide. It is available in left and right bends. Each with a total length of 180mm (7 inches).
Straights retail (Aussie Dollars) $16.00, and bends retail for $12.50. Compare those prices to unpainted resin tench systems out there! A more economical trench system pack is also available.
In summary, a great product. Do yourself a favour and buy it. Two thumbs up Miniature World Maker.

6 comments:

Poiter50 said...

Paul, that looks really nice, I think I will have to lash out on some of that.

Anonymous said...

The terrain looks great! When we going to use it?

Monty said...

Blimey - impressive stuff

Hungryclone said...

It does look like good stuff and the quality is really good but Aus $52.50 for 40" of trench seems kind of expensive.

Beccas said...

Checkout the price of unpainted 28mm resin trench systems out there. They are pretty much the same in cost. MWM trench is really good value.

Nick Von Cover said...

I just wrapped up a project to scratch build 15 mm trench and let me assure you that had I known how long it would take me I probably never would have started. The price does seem dear but when I think of all that time I spent gluing my fingers together instead of gaming...

Now I'm going to lose my whole evening looking through the Miniature World Maker website and figuring out if there is somebody 'stateside that stocks this stuff.