Friday, September 18, 2009

Anzac Assault Platoon

The progression towards completing a 1000 point WWI Western Front Australian Battalion took another step closer with the Assault Platoon finished. Based up for Warhammer Historical's The Great War rules, this ten man unit is the tough Assault Platoon. Armed with grenades, gas masks, and pick handles the assault platoon is a unit the Hun fears. In The Great War ruleset 1 man = 3 men so these 10 figures represent 30 men on the miniature battlefield. This unit is my first deviation from Games Workshop slotta bases into wooden bases with magnetic bottoms. I am happy with the results and will base all my 28mm figures like this from now on. Figures are 28mm Great War Miniatures.

5 comments:

Monty said...

Yet again, Paul - excellent work mate -I love those figures. WW1 hasn't been one of my favourite periods up 'til now, but I think it definately has an appeal.

Anonymous said...

Hi Paul,

Lovely work on the Aussies.

Looking forward in seeing the next unit.

Helen

Scullmeister said...

Bloody Hell Beccas, you're painting like a man possessed!

They look great!

Beccas said...

Once a again guys. Thanks for the kind words. You actually encourage me to paint more which shows having a blog is really worth it. There will be bit of a break now. Currently working on a few projects to stop me getting bored including a heap of 15mm Egyptian chariots for Basic Impetus. And I really hate painting horses.
Sculls, I am following the England trip on your blog. Looks good. Shame you missed out on Colours.
Cheers everyone.
Paul

Sidney Roundwood said...

Hi Paul, these look really fantastic. A really tough unit to scare the Germans from the Trenches. Wonderful.

Sidney